BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Having Fun!

Well, I haven't been on for a few days because I have been running around...nonstop. *Wink* So a quick re-cap of the last 2 days. Yesterday, we got up and went to the church school. I taught chapel on Living for God is fun! I talked alot about myself and what ministries that I am really involved in. I talked about what is effective for us. I really felt like God moved and I was able to connect with the students. I have got to know the youth here. They are all so sweet and very involved. It is great to see the young people up on the platform. After chapel, Bro. Doan took us to a place...like a Japanese fresh choice. 

It was very me! I loved it. We went to the mall called Jesco. It was really nice! I was bad and got a few pairs of shoes. It was really good bargains and a smart girl never ever passes one of those up. :) Three pairs of shoes and a few gifts later...We left there. We drove up this hill and looked out over the cities on the island and the ocean...actually it is the East China Sea. Anyhow, after that we went to eat and the rest of the night was spent in the restaurant talking about God and his wonderful ways. This morning we got up and were picked up by Sis. Tamiko. We drove over and looked around Okinawa city. We went to Tedia-Sans house and stayed most of the day ministering to her. Her husband passed away a few days ago. We were able to spend time with her and her sons. She also invited some friends over for lunch. We picked up Sis. Tamiko's boys and went to the seawall. It was beautiful. We went to the 100 yen store (dollar store) here. It is so huge! It had alot of nice stuff in it! We went to church. Bro. Doan taught a very good message about exercising the gifts and talents God has gave to you. It was very touching. He is a great minister. It is now after 12, we went out for dinner and I talked to my mom and Karissa on the phone. I miss everyone. I am having fun though and I am learning so much about being a missionary. It is not a easy job. Its not a easy path to walk down. I am so glad that God opened the doors for me to come. I really believe he is molding me into the vessel that he needs in his kingdom. I am feeling God touch me in a special way. I pray that I can continue to minister to the people here. God is a awesome God he is. Well, I'm going to go make my bed. Love all of you! Comment! I love getting the comments! I makes me feel close to home. :) Ciao!

2 comments:

C Hendryx said...

Sarah! I am JEALOUS! lol I wish I could be there with you experiencing that which you are right now. I have been praying for you all week... We have been doing the prayer week for the men... 12 am - 6 am at the church... so from 12 till about 1:30 just know that you are being prayed for... God has been so good this past week... LMNOP... miss yah

Jessica said...

Sarah its great to here about whats going on there.

Im praying for you!
Love ya girl