BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friday and Saturday...

Conshesheemaas! (A greeting here in the church!) I hope all is well on your side of the world! :) I am so thankful to have this means of communication. I am going to copy these and have a diary of my trip..kinda..haha! So, Friday was an exciting day! (really, what days haven't been right?) We got up and went to another 100yen store. After we came home and dropped meemaw off at the apartment. Sis. Laura and I went out searching for a adventure...Just kidding we decided to go to a open air market! It's called Coksihdorie. It had all kinds of neat shops along the road and down this little side alley thing. (It was very safe...don't worry mom.) Well, to get there we rode the monorail. This is a little train thing up in the air. I was kinda scared...but I lived! What a wonderful God we serve...HaHa! He calmed my nerves. Anyhow, There were many shops with traditional clothing, foods (good and weird), and trinkets. I bought a little goya person key chain and a pretty traditional patterned bag. I have all kinds of neat pictures from this place. They had real frogs dried up and made into change purses, and huge bags with thousands of dried fish to eat. It was interesting! So, Goya is bitter melon. Its not so much like a melon, however, they got the bitter part right. It is so very popular here in Okinawa. So, then after the trip back on the monorail we rushed home and got ready for church. Church was really good. A few people that had not been attending regularly was there and really broke through. I have been here only a short time, but I have already fallen in love with the people here. Some of the most friendly, sweetest people live on this small island that you can barely see on a map. Their spirits are so sweet. I really could stay here for a longer time and be at home. Words really cannot describe how nice and hospitable they have been. The Clevingers have been toting us around and have been so very nice to us. I appreciate them so much for all they have done and how much they have went out of their way to take us to things. They have been so wonderful. We are staying with Sis. Laura Clevinger. Her husband, Bro. Les Clevinger moved in with another Aimer, Bro. Vince Demuth. So they are teaching alot about missions here, and sending out missionary's from here. So, today we had a international potluck. It was funny for me to come to Japan and have a international potluck. To me I was like okay, so where the Japanese! haha. We had some good food from around the world. I cannot describe to you how moving this trip has been. If I ever doubted that I was called to go around the world teaching about our savior Jesus Christ, I know now. God has placed such a huge burden upon me like never before. I see these people walking around this beautiful island, where in 8 towns there are 2 churches. I probably will not end up living on this island (although, I wouldn't mind.) I still have been shown the huge need that is calling to us from around our world. Who will go if I do not go? Who will listen to the call of God? I urge anyone who have been called, Please don't lose your burden! We are desperately needed around the world! Now, I am gonna go to bed. :) I am tired and we have church early in the morning! I love and miss all of you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sissy Im sooo proud of u I cant what 4 u 2 come home(to America LOL)but I miss u so much and saturday was crazy Tetas kids was here and so wher Robins kids so when u get home my room will be a mess JK JK.but Clare misses u so much every time I sit down (unles shes outside) sits on my feet or on my lap.well Ill see u on wensday LOVE BRANDY:)