BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Its been a good day!

Praise the Lord! God is so awesome. I am learning so many things over here on the field. God really works in a different way overseas. People are different, open and closed about different things. God is touching the Okinawan people in a mighty mighty way. He not only touching but moving among these people. I know that I have said this over and over again, But, again I say I am so thankful to be able to be here. Today was a good day! Sis. Eiko Diaz took us on the marine base to show me the base here. It is very interesting to be on base. We also went to China Pete's. This is a store with beautiful china and other neat things from here. It's so great! So, Food. I really really like Japanese food. I do not like sheshemee(sushi). There is alot of really good food here on this island. I have figured out that here, I would rather get Japanese food- even when it is a new odd food. Because the American food is not what you think of. So, Japanese or American!? Japanese, Please! ;) A funny thing here on the island is there are alot of roaches, which is gross. But the name in Japanese for them are gokeebootys. Yes, just like it sounds. I laughed so hard. I think it a great name for these nasty little creatures. Well, We just got home from a missionary dinner. I was able to meet all the military leaders. They are all sweet people. I was very glad to meet all of them. We had a fun time, visiting. Everyone telling stories some funny missionary stories, some moving missionary stories and more stories. It was so nice. Its late and I have alot to accomplish tomorrow, so talk to you all later. Oh and Kirk in honor of you, I put salt on the napkins.:) No, It was driving me crazy! Goodnight, I love and miss you all.

2 comments:

C Hendryx said...

lol your so funny.. i love all the food reports... you better be taking pictures of the food... Salt on the napkins? y? lol jk...

We have been praying for you... Life has just been full of school, church and a few other things :) lol ... Miss ya ... come home already

Anonymous said...

baby girl, Im leaving and want you to know I love you very much we'll be home monday am. everyone asks about you and hopes your having fun. Learn all you can and have time to. I cant wait to see you at home. Love Mom